Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Thoughts about faith

I have been thinking that I can use this blog as more than just an outlet for sharing pictures of Noel, as precious as his little cheeks are.

Faith is on my mind today, and how roller-coaster-y mine is, depending on the circumstances. Right now I'm going through the book of Numbers (I know what you're thinking, "thrilling") and although there are lots of boring parts, it struck me today how the Israelites moved according to God's presence in a cloud. They had no idea how long they were going to be in one place. Could be a day, a month, or more. Whenever the cloud moved, they had to pack up and go. But packing up and going meant soooo much work, because they had the tabernacle with all of its specific details in the tearing up and setting down. The Israelites had to have faith that where God was leading them was worth all of the effort. I long for that kind of faith. The kind where I wake up every day and let God lead, not worrying about tomorrow, a month from now, 10 years from now, etc. The kind where I make the most of every opportunity (Eph. 4?) and still think eternally. May my head be in the clouds today.

No comments: