Tuesday, July 08, 2008

More Michigan Stories



Friday was Noel's big day to try out anything and everything that moves at Wittenbach Orchards. He rode in a golf cart, a high-low (fork lift), a tractor, a four wheeler, and a Brownie. Needless to say he is a little bored with our machine-less house here on Cadillac Drive.

We had a family dinner to celebrate the fourth, and then David, Josh, Ed, and Linda went into town to see the fireworks, only to find out that the fireworks weren't until Sunday.

I think my favorite part of the night was right after Noel's bedtime. Now, you must know that Josh is an eating machine, and one of his favorite things is pop-ice. He has already gone through close to 100 of them this summer. Linda keeps them in her deep freeze in the basement, which is where Noel sleeps when we visit. About 25 minutes after Noel went to bed, we hear Josh run downstairs to get a popsicle. We didn't think anything about it until a few minutes later when we hear from the monitor, "Hello? Hello?" We asked Josh if he saw Noel down there and he said, "Yeah, he was standing up." So David went downstairs to see what the deal was. What Josh had forgotten to mention was the fact that when he went downstairs to get a popsicle he turned the ceiling light on AND LEFT IT ON! So Noel was just standing up in his crib in a fully lit room wondering, "Is it time to get up already?" When we asked Josh he said, "I thought he slept with the light on." Nice try, Josh, but nobody bought it. We teased him about it the rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute Story!
Hey, it was you in college that started reading Henri Nouwen, right? Or am I crazy?

Beth said...

No, you're not crazy. I still read Henri Nouwen--love his stuff. Why?

Jennifer said...

Oh, I am reading The Inner Voice of Love and even though he says to go slow through this book-- I can't-- I feel like he is speaking to me!