Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The CD dilemna

I've really been convicted about having too much "stuff" over the last year.  And we have done a pretty successful job of keeping our things to a reasonable amount.  If we buy something new, something old has to go.  We consider purchases instead of making kneejerk decisions.  David just recently cleaned out Noel's closet and got rid of some old/broken toys.  And although we still have much more than we really need, I am feeling better all of the time about the materials we have.

But I have an dilemna.

And I'm reminded of it every time I sit down to the computer.  Right to the left of the computer desk is a cd tower with probably 150 CDs.  CDs we never listen to.  Most of these CDs have been burned onto the computer.  Almost all of them are old.  Let me give you a few examples (not joking):
Audio Adrenaline "Don't Censor Me"
Dixie Chicks "Fly"
Steven Curtis Chapman "For the Sake of the Call"
Dave Matthews Band "Under the Table and Dreaming"
Mr. Holland's Opus Soundtrack

I cannot tell you the last time I've listened to any of these, let alone the rest of them, minus the 6 Christmas CDs we bust out in December.

So what do I do with them?

Try to sell them?  Who wants to buy our terrible CD collection (no offense, Mr. Holland, you had your time in the sun, trust me).

Give them away?  Who wants this collection, even if it were free???

I'm at a crossroads, and don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?

No comments: