Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's kind of like a hat. . .

Okay, sorry for all of the focus on Noel, but he really does some funny stuff. Plus, I spend almost every waking hour of my life with him.  Think of all the stories I could be telling.  Ha!

So, tonight we had coupons for free Frostys and the kids had eaten a good dinner, so we headed out to Wendy's.  As you can imagine, Wendy's in Kokomo on a weeknight at around 7:30 was hopping.  Besides our family there was one employee eating a meal and an elderly lady dining alone.

For some reason, we have this tradition that when we are at Wendy's we play "I Spy".  And we had played for about 10 minutes, when Noel comes up with "I spy something white."  David and I are looking all over and guessing, and Noel keeps saying no.  Then we see him looking at the lady out of the corner of his eye.  We both start realizing that it's probably her he's "spying" (how many things can you point out in an empty Wendy's?  Plus, who am I kidding?  He is my boy, of course he is a people watcher!)

Then Noel says, "I'll give you a hint:  it's on your head. . ."

(At this point we are both trying not to laugh)

" . . .and it's kind of like a hat."

He was, of course, innocently spying her white hair. 
Just when Noel takes me to the brink of frustration, he reminds me that you can't buy 4-year-old entertainment like that.  Thanks, Noel Man.

No comments: