Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And we're off. . .hopefully

On Saturday we will embark on our first Wittenbach family of four vacation via an airplane.  We're headed to Sanibel Island to be with some of David's family for the week of Thanksgiving. 

These are the things I'm excited about:
*warm weather
*flip flops
*getting away from household duties (aka cleaning)
*spending time with family
*the beach
*relaxing
*good food

These are the things I'm nervous about:
*both of my kids are congested and coughing.  I really don't want sick kids on vacation!
*sleeping arrangements
*flying with 2 little ones on an airplane
*spending time with family
*what to pack/how to pack

I'm trying not to let the "nervous" list get the best of me and just enjoy this trip.  I get so worked up about little stuff, especially when it comes to my kids.  It's so strange because when it was just me I hardly ever let the small stuff get to me.  I guess that's what happens when you're in charge of more than just yourself.  Another thing I never realized before becoming a parent.

Bon Voyage!

2 comments:

Brian & Ashley said...

Have a great trip! Happy Thanksgiving!

*Jen* said...

Hope to get a full report back. We had plans to go to Sanibel Island this past summer. But due to unexpected financial issues, we cancelled the trip there and went to South Haven, MI instead. While that trip was amazing, I still really want to get down to Sanibel Island someday. Enjoy the trip!