Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Waiting Game

I'm getting so antsy to decorate for Christmas.  Everyone I talk to has their tree up, the lights strung, and all of the festive decor up.  But we have to wait. 

Why?

Because we are old school and get a real Christmas tree.

Now, I'm not complaining, because getting a real Christmas tree is one of my favorite thing to do in December.  We drive out in the country to this patch of woods where a guy sits in a little shed (no phone, no hours of operation posted, just him and his fireplace).  We pay him $30 and he gives us a saw.  We stomp out through the trees to find the one that will stand in our living room.  Then David hacks her down and we drag her home.

It's so much fun, and it really is so beautiful.

But we can't do it yet, or come December 25 the tree will have approximately 9 needles left on the tree.

(Oh, and I need to mention that David, being the engineer he is, has created a self-watering system for the tree.  I can't even explain it except to say that it is worth coming to our house to see, and should be on an episode of  "Modern Marvels".)

And so I wait.

But in the meantime, enjoy your imposter of a tree!  (Just kidding. . .)

No comments: