Wednesday, November 07, 2012

All of my political thoughts in one blog post. And then I'm done.

Okay, for the record, I have been terrible about blogging because ever since we have moved our internet is really sketchy.  It works about 20% of the time, so I have very limited availability.  I hate complaining about silly things like my internet access, but I did want to give a little excuse for my lack of words on this blog (not in real life.  I'm never at a lack of words in real life).

My vote didn't count.

Really.

Because I didn't vote for Obama or Romney.

I wrote Ron Paul's name in.

Not because I thought it would make a difference or because it was a joke, but because I could not, in good conscience, vote for either presidential candidate.  I pretty much just voted so I could vote on local/state officials.

And it made me sad.

Sad that those two men are the best our entire country could come up with to lead our government.

And then I listened to a program on the radio today (because I'm 75 and listen to talk radio when I'm alone in the car) that talked about how hardly anybody wants to get into politics anymore these days because of the smear campaigns and the fundraising and the red tape.

And that made me even sadder.

I wish things could be different with the way elections are run and who wants to be in politics, but I also know that if each of us took the same energy we have been using during these last few weeks to make the world a better place by loving more, serving more, and complaining less, this world would be a much better place, regardless of who the president is.

No comments: