Yesterday was a bad day.
Bad because I practically ruined it by being selfish.
I had been busy doing things for other people the whole day. And instead of feeling the joy of being able to give, I resented the fact that nobody had "done anything for me" in a long time.
I know, I know, I'm just bursting with juvenile behavior.
And then, Elise got sick.
She spiked a pretty high fever, and I ended up staying with her most of the night as she fought through some illness we now know is some sort of virus.
I'm just going to be honest: it sucked.
But it also brought my attitude back in perspective.
I realized that my life is not my life. It is about giving of myself, especially as a mother. And while I would have rather been doing a lot of other things than cleaning up barf, I count it a privilege that I am a mother. That I have these beautiful children God has given to David and me. And although I am still bummed about missing our date night (2nd attempt thwarted!), I am reminded that life is so fragile and fleeting. I can spend my time wishing for something different, or I can embrace every moment given me.
How will you spend the moments given to you?
No comments:
Post a Comment