Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the LORD, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight. The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips. LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
If this psalm doesn’t make me joyful, I don’t know what would. What an amazing reminder of how great God is!
Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. It’s comforting and a little frightening to know that God is my refuge. This means that at times in my life I will need a refuge from something. Life is not all “health & wealth” if we choose to follow God. In fact, it might be harder on some levels to choose His path. But the promise of His refuge is more than enough to make up for that.
. . .apart from you I have no good thing. Do I truly believe and live out these words? Of course they are true. If I have God and nothing else, it’s all good. If I have everything else except God, life means nothing. The things of this world mean NOTHING! I know that in my head, but I need to live it out in my life.
As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight. One of the greatest ways to lose my desire for earthly things is to watch those around me. The people around me who are making a difference for Jesus aren’t spending time clinging to their material goods. They are out serving and taking care of needs. On the other side: The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. Why do I spend so much time wishing I could look like someone else or have more things. Have I EVER seen a person who has true joy from their stuff? It’s not worth it!
. . . surely I have a delightful inheritance. God’s blessings are overflowing and we can trust in His protection. I may not always understand His ways, but I can always trust them.
I will praise the LORD . . . I will not be shaken. . . my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices . . . you will fill me with joy . . . I definitely need to spend more time praising God! Not only does He supply blessing after blessing, but He gives me guidance along the way through the Holy Spirit, circumstances, the Bible, and other believers. If my eyes are on God, my heart will be filled with joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment