Monday, October 24, 2011

Driving North to go Down on the Farm

 I wish everyone had in-laws who had an apple orchard.  I wish I could take you all in our car with us.  We always have such a nice time at the farm, not just because there are tons of fun things to do, but because we get to spend time with part of David's family, and that is very important to us.

Some highlights from our trip:


 *Playing in the leaves



*Tractor and Combine Rides


*Noel and Elise tried having a "sleepover", but Elise would not stop talking!!  It was hilarious and frustrating at the same time.  Noel thought it would be so much fun to sleep in the same room, but the second night he asked to be in a different room because Elise was so noisy!
*We went to Liz and Tye's band performance and Tori and Justyce's soccer games.  I hate living so far from our nieces and nephews because we miss out on their activities, so this was a great opportunity to see them.
*Sunday family dinner
*Picking apples and meeting some of the workers.
*Visiting the apple packing plant.  They had been packing for 34 days straight, so things were a little stressful there, but it was really neat to see how the apples go from tree to delivery truck.  Noel was fascinated by the whole thing.
*Just being together.  My children (and I) are so incredibly blessed to have so many family members who love us!  I always say that any activity with our kids isn't great unless it ends in tears, and that's how we always leave the farm.  "I don't want to go!"  "How come we have to leave?"  Cause if we stay they will put us to work, Noelman, that's why!

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Brian & Ashley said...

One of my co-workers brought back some Sweet Tango apples from an orchard in Michigan - they were delicious! Sorry, they weren't from the Wittenbach orchard.