The good news about deciding to write about what I'm thankful for this year is that it forces me to avoid complaining. I have some things that I kind of want to rant about, but since they aren't with a thankful heart, I am avoiding them. This is hard for me, but a good lesson.
The bad news is that I have some other thoughts rolling around in my head that I'd like to share on my blog but aren't necessarily "thankful", just observational. So maybe today I will try and form those observations into my thanks.
296. I am thankful for frequent reminders that I need to make every moment count. We are not promised tomorrow. Anything could change in a split second. And while that can sometimes keep me awake at night full of stress and worry, what that truth should do is motivate me to make every single moment of my life count. Life is too short to get all bothered over somebody's actions that I take way too personally. Life is too short to be crabby with the cashier. Life is too short to go to bed angry at your spouse or kids.
297. I am thankful that I have finally got my crap together (sort of) and got on the healthy wagon. I'm not saying I'm 100% good-to-go or anything, but I have been making baby steps towards better eating habits for the past 6 months, and it has paid off. I feel good, and I'm back to my wedding weight. I'd like to lose about 15 more pounds. But more importantly, I want to live a healthy life, and I am learning little ways to do that. Let's face it: I'm no spring chicken anymore, so I can't be living on junk food like I tend to do when nobody is looking.
298. March and April have been rough on my kids, physically. First, we had Noel's ordeal in the hospital. And for the last three weeks, Elise has had some sort of on-again/off-again virus, which has come in the form of high fevers and one week of nasty coughing. It has been very discouraging. BUT (here's the thanks) God is using this time to teach me a)I need to slow down and love on my kids, seeing them as blessings instead of responsibilities b)no matter how far I have come, I am still so incredibly selfish, and God has a lot of work left to do on my heart.
299. I am thankful for appliances that work.
300. I am thankful for kids who (usually) sleep through storms.
301. I am thankful that God is the ultimate healer.
What are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment