Monday, April 04, 2011

Day 15

#15—something you want to do before you die




Well, I would have never considered this a few years ago, but I am currently training to run a half-marathon.  I have run several 5K's, and one 5-mile trail run (which would make a great blog post sometime), but it will be an accomplishment to get my lazy self out there and run 13.1 miles. So far my longest run has been 8 miles, which is a huge feat for me, so we’ll see how the next 6 weeks go.  My goal is to run the entire race.  I don't care if I finish last (okay, I care a little bit), I just want to push myself to see what I an do.  I always tell students that they can do whatever they put their mind to, and I want to walk the talk, or run the talk, I guess.

No comments: