#23: favorite book
I love books. Love them.
I love the library, love bookstores, love Amazon, everything book. I still haven't decided what I think about moving to the digital era in books. There is something about holding a book in your hand, turning the pages, marking the parts you like.
I can't even begin to tell you what my favorite book is. (Of course, I could write about the Bible, but that one goes without saying, right?) Some books I like because of the storyline (And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie). Some because there is a character who I just fall in love with (Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte). Sometimes a book touches me because I read it at a specific point in my life where it really affected me (Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom). Some books are great because they are an escape, while some are life-changing.
All that being said, I will share a few of my faves:
Radical by David Platt
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Through the Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliott
Say You're One of Them by Uwam Akpan
Sex God by Rob Bell
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Here are some authors who I will read whatever they write/wrote:
Jodi Picoult
Anne Lamott
Henri Nouwen
Sophie Kinsella
David Foster Wallace
Lisa Samson
Read on!

No comments:
Post a Comment