#1 Mustard Greens. I tried braising them with some bacon, sugar, chicken broth, and vinegar. They were okay, but not near as good as kale. Not sure mustard greens will ever make another appearance at our house.
#2 Okay, promise you won't laugh. . .
Well, you can go ahead and laugh, but I must say that it was rather tasty.
Here's the story:
My mom has decided that she is going gluten-free. I love that she is taking steps to make her life more healthy, and I really love that she deiced to get rid of everything in her entire pantry that has gluten in it. Thanks to her we have 5 or 6 boxes of pasta and this little gem called Shake 'n Bake.
For the record, I have never used Shake 'n Bake, but I figured it's worth a try. Instead of coating entire chicken breasts, I cut the chicken into small, nugget-esque pieces and coated them. Wouldn't you know it? My kids thought they were honest-to-goodness chicken nuggets. Ate the whole plate of them. Now, I know Shake 'n Bake is my no means an all natural product, but it has to be better than the pink slime they put in McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. Baby steps. Baby steps.
And if you have stuck with me for this entire post (which is much longer than I originally intended), you receive a handsome reward:
Does anyone out there love this as much as I do? How come the Brady Bunch isn't on TV anywhere? My kids need to see it!
So, what have you all been eating?

No comments:
Post a Comment