2001.
It was one of the most life-changing years of my life. I don't have time to write about every event and how it affected me, but I will list just some of the things that occurred.
*I finished my first year of teaching
*My sister-in-law was diagnosed with MS
*I got my heart broken
* I was in a pretty serious car accident
*My sister had to have a major surgery
*My grandfather's health continued to falter
*I quit my first teaching job
*I got another job teaching, but this time in Indiana
*I moved back to Indiana
*I lived on my own for the very first time
*I began to help with the youth at Chapel Hill
*I met David
*9/11 occurred
Needless to say, it was a pretty traumatic year. Through all of the ups and downs, I learned that the only constant in my life is God. As soon as I start to rely on anything or anyone more than Him, I lose focus and direction. 2001 was a hard year for me. But as I look back on it now with some perspective, I am so thankful for the hard years, because those are the times when God really molded me and shaped me.
I am, by nature, a very social person. I love to be around people. I can't imagine having a job or career where I wouldn't get to interact with people on a daily basis. But sometimes my social tendencies made me uncomfortable being alone. 2001 was a year where I learned that my God is enough. And so many positive things have come out of those events, that I can't help but to be thankful for it all. The good and the bad. The highs and the lows.
If you are reading this, you might be having a year like the one I just listed. You might be feeling like you are getting slammed with one crazy thing after another. Let me encourage you that God is still in control and He has a plan, even if you have no idea what it is. Even if we never find out what it is, He has a plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment