Fun things to do with kids in the summer!!
I feel like every blog I have read in the past 2 weeks has been all about what to do to keep your kids entertained during the summer. At first I thought this was overkill. I thought, "They are kids! Just let them play!" But now that it's been 2 weeks home with no schedule, I am starting to see that, left to their own devices, my kids will spend every day a)fighting or b)begging to play with something electronic.
There has to be a happy medium between planning out every day of the entire summer and letting them lie around every day.
And so, in the hopes of trying to keep a balance, I have made it a goal to do something "fun" or "interesting" with the kids every day. Now, some days that something might be very small (yesterday it was go through a car wash) and some days it might be big (last week we hit the Children's Museum), but the idea is to keep the fun in summer without making it a chore/burden for everyone involved.
So far, here are the "fun" and "interesting" things we have done:
*visited the Children's Museum
*went to visit our friend Rita's new horse
*went to Grandma and Grandpa's on the farm
*attended a fiesta (on the farm)
*had a bonfire
*planted the garden
*rode bikes (Noel is officially a 2-wheel rider now. . .SO PROUD!)
*play date at a friend's house
*rode through a car wash
*swam
*built a fort inside
*played with baking soda, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide
What is everyone out there doing to stay sane and have fun this summer?
No comments:
Post a Comment