Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cooking Update

Okay, so here's my confession:

Like most people, I have not completely fulfilled my New Year's Resolution, which was to cook a new food every week.  I have been trying, but some weeks just get away from me.  Oh, and there's that whole house-selling/house-buying thing we have going on.

But I did want to share that we made friend okra for the first time, and it was very good.

Now, a good cook (and a good blogger) would have pictures right here, but you can just Google images of fried okra, if you please.

All you do is slice the okra, let it soak in some egg, roll it in cornmeal, and pan fry it for a few minutes.  I preferred mine with a little ranch dressing (doesn't almost everything go better with ranch?), but David opted for plain.  It was delicious.  I'm definitely getting it again.

What have you been cooking up this summer?

No comments: