Saturday, June 30, 2012

Here we go

Today is the first of 8 days with just me and the kids.  We (I) decided early on that the best way to keep everyone (me) from missing David, we would try and stay busy.

Today's adventures included a trip to the Haynes Apperson Parade, in downtown Kokomo.  I was a little concerned how I was going to manuever 3 chairs, 2 kids, and a cooler of drinks to a shady spot.  I was also a little concerned about a)where the parade actually was and b)where I was allowed to park.

Luckily, we got there in plenty of time.  After we parked and figured out a good place to sit, we walked to the downtown library to kill some time.  (Too bad I was carrying all of that through the library.  I may or may not have gotten a few looks.  Whatever.)

The kids had a great time at the parade.  It was kicked off by the veterans, who were led by my nephew Jonathan, on drums.  We got to see several people we know in the parade, so now Noel thinks I know everyone in Kokomo.  The kids had more than their fill of candy, and even got some free ice cream tokens from Culvers.  About 5 or 6 floats from the end, it started raining, so we packed it up and headed home.  The kids were sweaty and sticky, but happy.

And before you read this and think I am a mom who has it all together, right now they are chasing each other in and out of the house, screaming.

Oh, and Elise has no pants on.

You pick your battles.

Here's to a good day, and hopefully 7 more before we all are together again!

No comments: