Well, it looks like we are unofficially buying a house. And it's the house I wanted. It has all worked out pretty well, and for that we are thankful. I think I've spend so much time trying to find houses and keep ours clean that I have missed thinking about just how much I will miss this house. It's been the only home I've ever had with David. David asked me out on our first date in this very living room. He proposed to me here, too. We brought both of our children to this home. So many memories. . .
It can almost be paralyzing.
But I believe in a God who is bigger than a building, and I know that God has a plan much greater than one house can hold. I believe that home is wherever you make it, and that the important parts of the house are coming with me :)
Change is frightening, yet exhilarating. When I think about the times I have grown closest to God, they are in times of extreme change. And if I rely on God and focus on His plan (not my own), every life change can be a growing closer to Him.
This afternoon, we went for a walk/bike ride to Hobby Lobby (It's about 2 blocks away). Now that Noel can ride a bike, he is light years faster than Elise, so I stayed back with Elise and told Noel to stop at each stop sign and wait for us. And as he headed off further and further away, part of me was so excited for his new found freedom, and part of me was sad that time is moving so quickly. I want my children to be present in every moment, not to wish their lives away, and to make memories. That doesn't happen if I'm just focusing on how fast my kids are growing up or how I wish they could stay little forever. It happens when I celebrate each milestone with them, as hard as that might be for a mom to see.
I read a book once that said our job as parents from day one is to help a child grow from being completely dependent upon you to being completely dependent upon God. In order for the latter to happen, I must release my children, in faith, knowing that the One who made the stars can watch over my children much better than I can.
And so. . .
we roll on. . .
3 comments:
Can't wait to see your new house. How fun!
Ashley, here is the link to our new house: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4373-S-580-W_Russiaville_IN_46979_M44139-39535
Love your new house. The kitchen is awesome and so is your master bath. Fancy! Enjoy making new memories.
Post a Comment