Monday, June 04, 2012

The day I reconsidered all of my career choices

Why didn't I decide to turn my vehicle into one that shoots bubbles out and make a career out of it?

Seriously.  Tonight, we met the Bubble Man.  He has an old truck painted all kinds of crazy colors with all kinds of crazy stuff glued to the side of it.  People hire him out to park his truck at parks and places (we were at the library reading program kick-off party).  He brings buckets of bubble solution and sticks with rope that make huge bubbles.  And all the while there are bubbles just shooting out of the top of his truck.

My son was fascinated.

So much so that at the end of the night, Noel just decided to sit on the ground and wait.  "I want to stay right here until I see the Bubble Man drive his truck away," he says.

And so that's what we did.  All four of us.  We sat on the curb at the library and watched the Bubble Truck drive away.

Noel loved it.  And I fell in love with him for that all over again.

Is there a better way to end a summer night?

1 comment:

Brian & Ashley said...

I love bubbles and would have loved to have seen the truck, too!