It's the day before Mother's Day. My 7th one as a mother. When I was pregnant with Noel, my mom kept saying, "Your lives will be changed forever." And I knew it was true (of course), but I didn't know just how it would change. There are parts of being a mom that are amazing. Parts that are fun. Parts that are hilarious. There are also parts that are hard, challenging, downright ugly. Motherhood brings tears in all forms. Laughter as well.
Another part of motherhood is just the tediousness of some of it. I'm not gonna lie--getting the kids up, ready, fed, dressed, packed up for school every day of the week is annoying. So are things like making them eat the right foods. Reminding them to be kind. Having conversations for the 35th time about something.
But when I take a breathe and look at those tedious moments, it is then that I see how much God has shown me about my relationship with HIM through those times of parenting. Doesn't He feel the same way when I have to be reminded for the 7,876th time about not worrying? or my attitude? or any number of things I still struggle with? It is in the mundane. The day-in and day-out. The everyday. Where God can work miracles in each of us.
And so, I am thankful for. . .
368. my amazing mother.
369. my grandmother.
370. the adopted mothers I have had throughout my life: CaraJean Rayl, Barb Frederick, Karla Herman, Gail Sackett, and others.
371. my mother-in-law.
372. Noel Edwin.
373. Elise Jo.
374. hugs and kisses from my kids.
375. homemade cards.
376. reading stories at bedtime.
377. eating popsicles on the back porch.
378. playing dress up with Elise.
379. playing Legos with Noel.
380. spring afternoon projects.
381. new flowers, freshly planted.
What are you thankful for?
No comments:
Post a Comment