Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's a Wrap!

The end of the school year is here.  Everywhere you look there are awards ceremonies, graduations, and open houses.  This year is Noel's last after 4 years going to school at Chapel Hill.


409. This is a picture of him right after his last day of school.  I'm so thankful that he enjoyed school so much.  He was actually sad about it ending.


410. Just look at the graduates!  I feel like I'm going to blink and these kids will be heading off to college!  I'm so thankful for moments to stop and savor who they are.

 411. Of course, I'm thankful for my little graduate :)


412. If you know Noel, or have seen him in programs, you know that while he is very animated in real life, he does NOT like being on stage.  However, Kim Shelton taught them a song that he actually got into!  Thanks, Kim!


413. I am thankful for friendships that Noel has made that hopefully last beyond this year.


414. Another end of the year program was with my Bridges students.  I am thankful for these teens who I get to spend time with every week.  They challenge me, entertain me, make me laugh and cry.  Most days I learn more from them than they do from me.  I'm sure of it.


415. I am thankful for the Bridges Staff  I get to work with Chelsea (here) and Chad (above) are two of them.  I feel so blessed to be a part of this outreach with them.


416. I am thankful for getting to spend some time with 2 Crossing students today planting peppers.  What a great opportunity to teach them life skills, teamwork, and leadership.


417. On a side note, I am thankful that a kind man found my wallet (which had fallen out of my pocket at Menards) and went to great lengths to find it and return it to me.  See?  There ARE nice people in Kokomo.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: