I heard from David this evening, and the group made it safely to Miami. They are staying there for the night, and will leave really early (I think around 6:00) to fly to Port-au-Prince. After making it through customs, they hopefully will be able to attend church in Port-au-Prince. I think they are staying there for the night, although all plans are subject to change. One other note of good news: There was a huge (several tons) shipment of dry goods (rice, etc.) that someone had donated to Haitian Christian Outreach a few months ago that has been sitting in customs waiting to get released (tons of red tape, etc.) and they got it out today, from what I heard. So one of David's group's first jobs might be to distribute food to people, which would be really awesome, especially after the devastation they have just experienced.
In other news, I read online today that Wyclef Jean (of the Fugees, a Haitian native) has gone to help Haitians in hurricane relief. He brought his pal MATT DAMON along with him to help. So my hubby and Matt Damon are pretty much hanging out together in Haiti this week. Very cool.
I'll try and post any more info as I find out. Keep everyone in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment