I just got an e-mail from David. Wanted to share his words with you.
Today went really well. Phil told us last time he was here there was a rooster that crowed at 4:30am every morning. Guess what, he's still alive. You could have set your watch to that thing. That means I will likely not sleep past 4:30 because he just keeps crowing.
We worked like dogs today cleaning out the clinic. Pictures are the only way to describe what we did. We had to get ready for clinics tomorrow/Weds. We are ready for tomorrow after today's massive effort. Some will be doing a construction project tomorrow (probably me) and a few will man the clinic. It was a great day everyone got along and worked hard. Your brother and Darrell had us laughing all day.
Ironically, my claim to fame today came via the infamous PB&J. Phil and I had to make the sandwiches this morning. I taught him the trick about putting PB on each side to "keep in the jelly freshness" so it doesn't make the bread soggy. You would have thought I taught the group to walk on water. They brought it up all day long and we kept laughing about it.
They want to try and take us to Jacqmel on Thursday PM. Peredo is still up in the air. It has been raining here for the last 4-5 hours.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I'm really thankful that we get to communicate via e-mail for now. Once they leave Port-au-Prince that will probably not be possible.
I hope those of you who know about David's relationship with peanut butter and jelly will find it especially funny that he knew a trick to making the sandwiches!
No comments:
Post a Comment