Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nurse David

I got another e-mail from David tonight. It looks like he has been doing some things out of his comfort zone. Here is what he wrote:


We had another really good day. We had clinic today and some of the guys worked construction. They were putting a roof on the generator house. Your brother was working that. He had an interesting experience today.....don't tell your mother until he gets home. He was about 6 feet from an electric pole that had a mini electric explosion. Dave basically jumped down off a wall and took off. He's fine, but probably needed some new underwear. I had a good day in the clinic. I was very much stretched today. Being face to face with new people doing something I'm not good at made me really nervous. I was exhausted at the end. We saw over 100 people today. Some of it is very sad. Some people are very sick. I had a girl throw up right behind me. I really get emotional when I see a mother with a son about Noels age. I did vitals for a 1 year old boy who was really sick and I could see how much the mom was concerned. It really got me.

We are not going to leave Port Au Prince. It isn't going to work out. Peredo is unreachable so we will not venture down there. We will be doing another clinic tomorrow (over 100 people came today) and more construction. Not sure what we will do on Friday, but they will find something.

Thank you for your prayers. Noel and I are doing well here, missing David but trying to enjoy a week of great weather and time with friends.

No comments: