I finally got around to putting some pictures in my album (yes, I'm old school like that), and I was looking at some pictures from our Thanksgiving trip to Florida. As soon as I looked at the picture above, I realized that I had completely forgotten (or had I mentally blocked out?) one of the most exciting events of our trip.
Now, I tend to share on this blog about how sweet and wonderful my children are, but never you fear, they can cause some major trouble. Case in point: YOLO.
YOLO is a store that in on Captiva Island that sells all kinds of rental vehicles: bikes, trailers, scooters, golf carts, etc. (By the way, YOLO stands for You Only Live Once, which I thought was genius). We went there on Monday of our trip to get some bikes and a trailer for transportation for the week. And while YOLO had lots of rental equipment, their store was quite small, and full of things that little ones can break. This picture was taken as David was waiting in line for rentals.
I quickly realized that my kids were like little magnets to all things breakable in that tiny store, so I shuffled them outside, thinking, "What could go wrong there?"
We went to the back to check out the bikes we were renting. While we are wandering around, Noel gets in one of the golf carts, which I thought nothing of (now, as I type this, I realize that was a ridiculous idea!) So, Elise starts motoring a different way, and just as I grab her, I see Noel press a button on the golf cart.
Lo and behold, the cart starts rolling. . .right into the side of a parked car!!!!
So, there I am with a 20-month old in my arms and a 4 year-old who has just had his first car accident (and you all thought I was bad!!)
I tried to push the golf cart back in its place, but of course it was too heavy. So we just left and ran back in the store, trying to act as if nothing happened. I kept whispering to David, "We HAVE to talk," to which he kept whispering back, "Just a minute!" I'm sure he was thinking I was just being overdramatic. And then I finally took him out back to see what had happened!
Of course, David took the high road and went and got the manager and talked to him. After they moved the golf cart back there wasn't any damage done to the car, thankfully, and we were on our way, a little wiser, a little traumatized, and with yet another crazy story to add to our lives.
Of course, David took the high road and went and got the manager and talked to him. After they moved the golf cart back there wasn't any damage done to the car, thankfully, and we were on our way, a little wiser, a little traumatized, and with yet another crazy story to add to our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment