David left for a 3 day work trip today, leaving me with the kids. (P.S. If you're a robber, please don't come and burglarize us this week while he's gone. I still have the gun) (P.S.S. Just kidding about the gun, but not about the robber).
These are things I think about when he is gone:
*How can I be in a house with such loud noise and chaos and yet feel lonely?
*I wish I had Lifetime/Hallmark/WE/any type of girl tv channel. This would be the perfect time for it.
*Is 6:00 too early for bedtime?
*Please, God, don't let them get sick.
*It's Spaghettios for dinner tonight and cereal tomorrow night!
*How do Army/Navy etc. wives do this?
*I hope the dog doesn't die while David is gone.
*When do I get to go on a trip?
Is it wrong to share that last thought?
Mostly, what I realize when David is gone is that we are a family. Not four people who live in the same house. Not two parents and two kids. A family. And when one of us is missing, things aren't right. I also realize that this is a time for me to grow as a mom and for God to stretch and challenge me and force me to rely on Him.
So, I'm going to try my best to enjoy these next three days. To try and do some fun things with the kids and relax.
And sharpen my sword in case of robbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment