Monday, November 21, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Let me share some things that made my weekend so wonderful:

*I had a horrendous day on Friday with the kids (stay with me, it gets better).  So, when David came home and saw how upset I was, he took the kids for the night.  It was so nice to get some peace and quiet at home.

*Later that night, after the kids went to bed, I met up with some girlfriends, and we went to see "Breaking Dawn".  Don't judge.  I can't stop reading a book series once I get started (hence the reason I'm on book #6 of Harry Potter).  It was an okay movie, but it was just so much fun to go to the movies, something I used to take for granted before kids, responsibilities, money, etc.

*Saturday we had our Harbaugh family Thanksgiving.  Everyone was there, and we had such a good time laughing, eating, decorating the Christmas tree, and playing games.  It was so nice to see my niece and nephew, and to have some fun all together.

*Sunday afternoon I had the privilege of taking 10 high school girls with me to help at Kokomo Urban Outreach.  Some of us served dinner, some of us did dishes, some of us sorted donated socks, some of us went and helped with Sunday night kids' church.  It was so inspiring to see high school students take time out of their afternoon to serve people they don't even know by doing things they probably don't even like doing.  And yet, there wasn't a complaint or a grumble.  I love those girls.  I know some people think it must be hard to be in student ministry, and sometimes it really is, but it is soooooo rewarding to see a young person learn that they can be a part of God's bigger plan. That life is so much bigger than high school.

*And, to top it all off, DAVID IS HOME FOR THE WEEK!!  I love when he is home.  And of course the kids are one cloud nine.

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and that you focus on the the beautiful things God has made.

No comments: