Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Randomness. . .you know you want it

I just got done shoveling our driveway for the first time this season.  I actually don't mind shoveling at all.  Now, if I lived in Colorado or something where we got snow every day I might be annoyed, but it's kind of a nice way to get outside and get some fresh air.  The kids came out with me, and they stayed out for almost an hour, which might be a record for my two.  Noel is finally big enough to enjoy being outside, and Elise just follows him everywhere he goes.  Plus, I told Noel that if he can't hack the cold, he won't be able to ski with us over Christmas Break.  I'm still not sure how much he's going to enjoy skiing, but it's worth a shot.

I made Turkey Tetrazzini last night.  I've been making Tetrazzini for a few years, but I've always used a recipe with cream of mushroom soup, evaporated milk, and canned mushrooms.  This time I used this recipe from Pioneer Woman.  Have I written about how much I love her?  I have tried several of her recipes, and I've loved every one of them.  This one was DELICIOUS!  And to be honest, it wasn't much more difficult than my original.  I think the big difference was in using fresh mushrooms and real cream cheese.  Oh, Nelly, was it good.  I am seriously making that again.

In other cooking news, I was making snacks and cookies for our trip to Michigan, and I came across a recipe to make chocolate chip whoopie pies.  The filling was marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, and butter melted together.  Well, I accidentally doubled the amount of marshmallow creme you were supposed to put in.  It still tasted really good, but I ended up with a ton leftover.  So I created a new afternoon treat:  indoor s'mores.  We just warm up the marshmallow/chocolate goodness and then spread it on graham crackers.  Yes, sir, I'm in love.

So, in conclusion, thanks to Pioneer Woman and my poor recipe reading skills, I will be working out every day instead of every other day this week.

It's a good thing I got to shovel snow.

No comments: