One thing I love about Christmas is creating traditions with our little family. And one of those traditions is getting a Christmas tree. David and I have always had a real tree for Christmas, but we used to get our tree at Lowe's. But once we had Noel, we decided to "do it right" and go out and cut down our very own Christmas tree. I wish I had pictures of us going out to pick our Christmas trees over the years, but this was the first year I actually remembered my camera, so just be impressed with that.
On Saturday we headed out to a Cottrells, which is a tree farm about 30 minutes from here. You ride on a hayride out to the farm, so that was a highlight for the kids. Then we marched around looking for the perfect tree.
Not sure why I look a little drunk in this picture. Maybe I was avoiding mud. Maybe I'm just that clumsy.
Success!! If you didn't notice, the kids are flexing to show you how excited they are about their new tree!
Hayride back to the parking lot.
What we didn't get captured in pictures:
*Noel totally hitchhiking a ride on a golf cart out by the trees.
*The kids being totally fascinated with the tree shaker (it gets rid of all of the dead needles).
*Eating out at the only restaurant in the town where the tree farm was. I'm pretty sure the decor had not changed since it opened. Now, it's vintage, right?
And of course I don't have a picture of the tree fully decorated, right? Because that would ruin the excitement of coming back tomorrow!!
In other news. . .
Is my son the cutest little pilgrim you ever did see?
In more news than other news. . .
Dressing up is the new favorite pastime around here. I wish you could see Noel's entire body, because that Care Bear costume comes to his knees. It's pretty comical.
What are your family traditions?
No comments:
Post a Comment