And so you would think that I could come up with my own "Best of" list. So, here is my feeble attempt to give you some highlights.
2011 Lessons Learned:
Make the most of every opportunity. It's better to look back and say,
"At least I tried," than, "I wish I had done something."
Gardens are a beautiful thing.
We can make a difference in our every day lives.
Harry Potter is a really good book series. I love Mrs. Weasley the most.
It is a beautiful thing to see your child make their first friend all on their own.
If you set your mind on something (say, running a long distance), you can do it. Don't give up.
Being the first one to say "I'm sorry" can work wonders.
Making memories is hard work, but well worth it.
Phineas and Ferb is a pretty funny show.
Being a mother means dealing with poop on a daily basis.
Children (big and small) are watching and listening to you, whether they let you know or not.
Think globally, and live accordingly.
God wants us to take care of the poor, the lonely, the hurt, and the unlovable.
If we don't seem different to everyone around us because of our faith, something is wrong.
In all things, give thanks.
What did you learn this year?
3 comments:
Missed seeing you over Christmas break. Hope to see you guys soon.
Hey Beth! I love reading your blog- its funny, honest and shares hard truths. Hope you have a great 2012!
We missed you, too, Ashley!! How is it going with Hudson and staying at home? And thanks, Kim. I appreciate your words. Have a great new year, too! We are rockin' it at home with some cheap wine and football. Ha!!
Post a Comment