I love having a 5 year-old.
Honestly, I feel like I deal much better with a child at this age than with a newborn. I was not a good newborn mom. But one thing I was not prepared for in having a 5 year-old is all of the questions.
From the minute Noel wakes up until we leave his room at night, his words are filled with questions.
Why do we have earwax?
What makes warts?
Why do we whisper before we go to bed when nobody's asleep yet?
Why do they use the 5 rings for the Olympics? What do they mean?
Why do you and Daddy keep getting older, but not any taller?
This goes on. For hours. Every day.
I love it and it drives me crazy all at once.
Noel is such a curious little boy, and he knows it. He wants to know how everything works and why everything happens. I love that about him. But sometimes it makes my brain cramp up from working on answers.
Noel definitely keeps me on my toes, and that is good for this old brain. I hope that he keeps this curious spirit his whole life, never stops wondering and asking.
What traits do your children have that you hope they keep forever?
2 comments:
I so hope Odessa keeps her "leader of the pack" mentality and doesn't fall into a follower mode when she is older.
And the sparkle that's in her eyes when she is so excited about doing something that she is practically sitting on her hands waiting! For things as simple as a Popsicle! I hope she keeps that sparkle for the little and big things throughout her life.
Absolutely! I wish I had that!
Post a Comment