Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oh, yeah, I have a blog

Oops!

We are in moving limbo right now.  The scheduled closing on both houses (which was supposed to be last Friday--the 13th) got postponed.  There was some oversight from the lender of the person buying our house, and it all fell thru.

So, while we are not quite back to square one, it is a huge step in the other direction.

Not selling our house means some changes with the loan on the house we are trying to buy ourselves.  Pluse we are going to be out of town for a few days (please don't rob us!), so closing is just some mirage out in the distance that I can see but can never quite touch.

Meanwhile, half of our things are already in boxes.  I went to pour my coffee this morning, and realized I didn't have any coffee mugs because I had packed all but 2, and they were in the dishwasher!  My only hope is that we get into our new house before we need warm clothes, cause they are boxed, taped, and stacked right now.

So, while we anxiously wait for our new "home", we just enjoy every day we have in the place we have called home all these years.  Noel says he will miss eating popsicles on the front porch.  Elise will miss the sidewalk that she can dance on.  I will miss the people watching :)

And maybe we'll end up with a summer home after all. . .it just may be this one!  Ha!

No comments: