Okay, I really should be writing all kinds of important things on this blog, because I feel like there are important things to be said. There are lots of ideas in my mind that I would like to hash out in words. I want to share and make people realize they are not the only ones who are going through something.
But not today.
Today I just want to share a funny story. A few months back I wrote a blog post about how there isn't any discretion any more in retail shopping. The cashier at Walmart will full on tell me she is having a rotten day, or that she has a contagious virus, or that my kids need a nap.
This idea took on a whole new meaning a few weeks ago.
If you didn't know, we are in the process of getting our house ready to put on the market. Yes, I think we've been talking about this for approximately 30 years (slight exaggeration), but this time WE MEAN IT! (maybe). Anyway, we were trying to find a small storage unit for a few pieces of furniture and our elliptical machine.
Enter Mrs. Pack Rat.
I call her that because the name of the storage facility is Pack Rat Storage. There is even a big cartoon picture of a rat on the side of the building, I kid you not.
We are all class in these parts.
So, David goes in to see if they have any of the smallest units available. First of all, he is greeted by a tiny dog who is jumping all over the place and barking up a storm. The secretary/owner/attendant/entertainment is at her desk, "working" on the computer. She continues to stare at the screen, but asks David if he needs help. As he is asking her questions about the storage units they offer, she never takes her eyes off the screen. Naturally, David leans over to see what she is working so hard on.
And this, my friends, is when the wheels fall off.
She says to David, "Oh, I'm not trying to ignore you or anything, but I've got this online game of Euchre I'm playing. . ."
She is ignoring a customer to play online card games. And full-well admits to it. And never even considers stopping.
Needless to say, we are looking elsewhere.
So, here is your lesson for today: When you work at Pack Rat Storage, maybe, just maybe, you should think about the word "work" before you log on to your card club.
2 comments:
That is hilarious that he sneaked a peek at her computer screen. I probably would have done the same thing. How rude of that woman? Doesn't she want the biz? People in customer service just have no clue sometimes.
Funny! I'm glad you chose to go somewhere else.
Post a Comment