Monday, April 19, 2010

Let My Words Be Few

Yesterday I woke up, and I had no voice. No pain or anything, just no voice. I had a cold, and it must have settled in my throat. I didn't think it was a big deal, but through the course of the day, I realized how much I rely on my voice. It was really hard taking care of my kids without talking to them, and being at church was difficult because I couldn't really talk to anyone and I couldn't even sing.

I take so many things, like a voice, for granted every day. It's like anything else, you don't appreciate it until it's gone.

May I live today thankful for all of the gifts in my life that I don't normally notice:
*health
*shelter
*income
*family
*safety
*freedom
*forgiveness
*peace

I hope that I don't have to lose any of these to appreciate them.

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Glad you're writing again!

Beth said...

Thanks, Jacki. I've been writing for church, so got kind of overloaded with it. Had to take a break. Now I'm trying to get some momentum going.