Okay, so two months from tomorrow I am going with about 18 other people (high school students and adults) to Peredo, Haiti to work with Haitian Christian Outreach for a week. When I signed up for this, I was really excited. I haven't been on a missions trip in about six years, and I really love them, especially getting to take students who have never been. It is such a life-changing experience in so many ways. You can't explain it unless you've been on one. To see how God works in all different cultures, languages, countries, etc. is mind-blowing.
But now that the time is getting closer, I am starting to get anxious.
How will my kids handle being without me for 10 days?
Can I manage the heat?
How will I deal with seeing the devastation of Haiti and knowing about my excess of material items at home?
Is my trip going to make a difference?
I believe these are all valid questions, HOWEVER, I also think that Satan is trying to tempt me to be consumed with these thoughts instead of focusing on praying for our group and the encounters we are going to have with the people in Peredo, Haiti.
Faith without works is dead.
It's time to step out in faith and prepare for this trip in complete faith that God knows what He is doing. It's time to live these next few months with excitement and anticipation for this adventure. It's time to stop thinking I'm the only person who can take care of my children.
It's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment