Friday, April 23, 2010

Week in Review, April 23




















Things I am thankful for from this week:


*of course my sweet little girl's 1st birthday

*getting to be outside so much this week

*watching my kids play together

*the blessing (and curse) of a sandbox in the back yard

*getting to lead worship on Sunday

*new potato soup recipe that was UH-MAZING!

*words of encouragement from an old friend

*a new Office last night--hilarious

*that the NCAA is not turning the basketball tournament into a 96-team bracket

*the comic strip "Pickles". It rarely disappoints.


Funny quotes from the week:

*I tutor a couple of students at a local school, and I was helping one girl write a paragraph about how she was going to 'save the earth', when I asked her about using too much water when washing the dishes. Her response: "Oh, we just use paper plates instead of real plates--should I write that down?" Ummm. . .I don't think that counts


*I'm helping Noel get his underwear on. . .

Me: "Noel, you need to figure out how to do this on your own."

Noel: "Why?"

Me: "Because do you want to be 10 and still needing my help to pull your pants up?"

Noel: "Mom, I'm three, remember?"


*"C is for Suspension" Kevin Malone, The Office


Have a blessed weekend, everyone! Hopefully the rain holds off so we can raise some money at the garage sale tomorrow for the Haiti mission trip!

No comments: