Tonight was one of those nights when Noel was being so irrational that we couldn't even talk to him. He was mad about something silly that we had no control over, and he would not get over it. After a half an hour of crying and screaming, he calmed down and we put him to bed. I just kept thinking over in my head, "He's not listening. If he would just listen and obey, it would be so much easier."
I think about how much God has taught me through the experience of being a parent about seeing life from His point of view. How many times in my life is God looking at me and thinking, "If you'd just listen and obey it could be so much better!" But I insist on doing things my way and then insist on being upset when the outcome isn't good. I bet it looks about as silly as a three-year-old throwing a tantrum over a balloon that floated away.
God, forgive my selfish ways. Speak, for I am listening. Help me to obey.
1 comment:
Love those days!!! Glad you made it through. Thanks for the application in the end, too. It's so true, isn't it?
Post a Comment