*Riding his bike. He's really getting the hang of it, and loves to go around the block. It's so much fun to see him learn and develop a skill
*Playing with Elise. First he loved her, then he wasn't so sure. Then he was just plain annoyed with her. But in the last month or so Noel has really fallen in love with Elise, and it melts my heart. He wants to get her in the morning, and they literally spend a half-hour in her crib together giggling and playing before I come in. I have no idea what they do, but I love the bond they are creating with each other.
*Reading. Noel is very interested in letters, sounds, meanings, etc. and it is so much fun teaching him to read. He already knows quite a few words and lots of letter sounds. You can bet his mom, the old English teacher, is jumping on this wagon!
*Pushing boundaries. As most three year-olds, Noel is learning that he can stall before bedtime, negotiate, throw temper tantrums, and bend the rules. Some days are wonderful, and some are frustrating beyond belief. But I just keep praying for Noel and asking God to help me mold him into the man God wants him to be.
I'm blessed to have Noel in my life, and I hope when he remembers his childhood he recalls a mom who raised him with love, laughter, discipline, and wisdom. It's weird to think that Noel is almost to the age where he will remember some things we do now for a lifetime. I still remember things from when I was four, and I hope the memories we create with Noel will be great ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment