Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 8

Day #8—A picture that makes you laugh

Alright, my husband is an electrical engineer. Before I met him, the only thing I knew about engineers were that they were really smart. REALLY SMART. And then I came to learn that engineers really are smart.

And organized.

And meticulous.

And procedure-oriented.

And analytical.

All of which I am not.

David and I work so well together because we are so different. But there is a dirty little secret of David’s that makes me laugh every time I see it.

Do you see it?

Oh, let me give you a closer look.



What appears to be a briefcase hidden among our clothes is actually. . .



A CASSETTE HOLDER!!

 
Let me show you some of the highlights from this case:



Phil Collins    . . .Yes, Seriously!


Top Gun (and yes, you are reading that correctly, the Miami Sound Machine is on this soundtrack)
Sidenote:  Did any other girls sit and watch the sand volleyball scene over and over and over and over???  Or was it just me and my best friend Marcy?




Boston



DC Talk (when they were hip-hop)

And of course (drumroll, please)

the mixed tape. Boston and Bruce Hornsby brought together at last!!  Is there anything more beautiful than a mixed tape?  Mine were full of songs and then the subsequent radio commercials that were on after the songs because I ALWAYS forgot to stop recording!

This cassette holder/briefcase makes me laugh for multiple reasons. Number 1 being that this is a glimpse as to what David listened to long before I met him, and that makes me chuckle. It also makes me laugh that, being so organized, he had a cassette holder. I kid you not, my tapes were in shoeboxes. Thirdly, and most comical, the fact that despite multiple clean-outs of our house, THIS DARN THING HAS SURVIVED EVERY PURGE!!!

It’s almost become a part of our family.

What can I say? I’m a sucker for a little Petra.

p.s.  Don't ask about my entire cabinet full of coffee mugs even though I'm the only one in the family who drinks coffee.

1 comment:

Brian & Ashley said...

That's funny! Who doesn't love Top Gun?!