I love a good deal. I love the idea that I just saved a bunch of money or that I got something on clearance. I'm not too good at coupons, but I find such a feeling of accomplishment when I actually use one.
But, what am I saving all of this money for?
I've been thinking about this recently. I know that God wants us to use our money wisely. There are lots of verses in the Bible about being wise, but what do other verses say?
We are to set aside money for the work of the church (1 Cor. 16:2)
People who want to be rich are likely to become tempted & loving money is the root of all kinds of evil. (1 Tim. 6 9-10)
We need to be content with what we have (Heb. 13:5)
I think saving money is a great idea if our motivation is right.
Think about it: what if when we got a good deal we took that extra money and did something good for others with it instead of putting it into our vacation fund?
What if every time we got a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free", we took one of those to a food pantry?
Isn't that why God gives to us? So we can give to others?
Something to think about.
1 comment:
Love the reminder! Thanks!
Post a Comment