The garden is overflowing with produce, and we are loving it! Almost every day last week we picked 2 huge bowls of tomatoes. We've had several peppers as well. Also, since the weather cooled off a little, the green beans are growing again. One of my favorite parts of the garden is the onions. They just hang out underground until we need them. It's like going grocery shopping in the back yard. Today I made vegetable soup, and I got to use tomatoes, corn, green beans, and onions. It was great! The second batch of corn is almost ready, so that will be our last big day of putting food up. I tried making onion pepper relish a few weeks ago and it was super runny, so I tried it again today. I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm just not getting the hang of using pectin. Oh well.
In other news, David's work is crazy busy, so I am here with the kids alone for almost the entire week. (Please note: if you are a burgular reading this, please don't rob my house.). He's been working over the last few weeks, but had to work a lot this weekend too. Let me just admit that I am not good with this. I like to think I'm a "go with the flow" kind of girl, but finding out you have the kids all to yourself for the week kind of throws me for a loop. Usually by the time David gets home from work in the evening I'm about to pull my hair out. So my first instinct is to pout and complain about having to watch the kids by myself for a week. But God has gently reminded me that if this is the worst thing I have to complain about, I'm doing pretty well. This is an opportunity for me to rely on God and appreciate how much our family needs David. So I'm trying to see this week as an adventure instead of drudgery (plus, we'll probably have pancakes for dinner at least twice!)
Whatever your week looks like, please take some time and look around to see what you can do to make someone else's week a little easier. Don't ever forget how much we need each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment