Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thoughts. . .In No Particular Order

I've been with the kiddos non-stop today and yesterday, so please excuse this random mess of thoughts as I share:

*I can't believe I actually made and canned homemade ketchup (or catsup if you prefer to be weird).  The whole time I was doing this I kept thinking, "I'm not sure this is worth it."

*I got a 30% off coupon for Old Navy, and was so pumped about it that I took both kids along as we tried to get them some jeans and maybe a shirt for me.  After sifting through all of the clothes and coming up with some good deals, I went to check out, only to find that the coupon doesn't work until THURSDAY!!  Well, crap.

*I really need to get back on the exercise wagon.  I've been working a lot in the garden and in the yard, so I've been chalking that up to physical fitness, but that will only go so far.  Plus I think I ate almost an entire batch of scotcheroos over the course of the last week.  I'm convinced that if David wasn't here I would weigh 300 pounds.  As soon as the kids are in bed I.  just.  eat.  a lot.

*I'm so ready for my favorite shows to be back on.  Top Chef Just Desserts starts tomorrow night, and you know I'll watch it, but it's not the same.  I'm looking forward to some Mentalist, a little Castle, and definitely Parks and Recreation. 

*We have 3 library books that are missing in action.  I'm starting to get nervous.

What's on your mind?

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Ok. This totally made me laugh out loud. I could totally relate to almost all of these except I would never bottle my own ketchup because I try not to cook.

Eating after the kids go to bed? Check
Missing library books? Check
Missing real TV? Check
Dragging the kids out for a deal gone awry? Check

I think we're kindred spirits. Too bad you don't live closer. We could probably make each other laugh pretty hard.

Beth said...

Ha! Yes, I think so, too. I also think there are more of us out there, we just don't like to tell each other the stuff that makes us sound a little kooky :)