doing: finding new music on Amazon while the kids are playing with a hand-me down Leap Pad. Enjoying the silence while it lasts. Pretty soon one of them will scream and/or cry about something the other one has done. Ah, siblings.
eating: watermelon. We bought a big seedless watermelon a few days ago, and since the kids don't like it we are trying to eat it all. fresh salsa with stuff from the garden. sooooo good. scotcheroos. I forgot how much I loved thim.
reading: Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brasheres. Darn you, sisterhood, for sucking me in yet again. Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. A little cheesy but definitely worth the read. The Pale King by David Foster Wallace. Sad and excited at the same time to read it. Not sure I'll ever be able to finish this 533 page tornado of words and thoughts.
changing: schedules are changing now that things are starting back up. Noel started pre-school today, Bridges starts next week, and youth group kick-off was a few days ago. It's good to get back in the swing of things. Also trying to figure out how we are going to serve with Kokomo Urban Outreach this fall.
thinking about: What life is going to look like when both kids are in school. What job will I get? Where will they go to school? Where will we find a house? Does God want us to stay at this house? Also thinking about a dear girl in Haiti, Nadine, as we wait for test results for her.
excited for: my 2 nephews, Jonathan and Jacob (not related). Each will be started college within the next week, and I couldn't be more proud of them. So excited to see where this journey takes them.
No comments:
Post a Comment