Okay, so one of my favorite shows is Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and once a week, they do a "shout out" segment where they give a nod to something/someone they love. I've decided in cahoots with Thursday Thank You's, I'm going to turn Friday's into Shout Out day. I hardly ever get around to writing much substance on Friday (my mind tends to be mushy by then), so this could at least be something to share (to the 8 of you who read this).
So. . .let the shout outs begin.
Today I'd like to give a shout out to workout videos from the library. After running for several months in training for the half marathon, I wanted a break from running. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because a)it takes up a lot of time in the evening (my kids are getting too big to push them in the stroller while I run), meaning less time for all 4 of us to be together, and b)have you seen the thermometer lately??!! It's stinkin' hot out there!
So instead of running or the elliptical machine, I've been borrowing workout videos from the library. They are free, so if you hate one, you just return it, no harm--no foul. Plus, I'm pretty sure that hardly anyone uses them, because they never skip, unlike the kids' videos we often get from the library.
This week I tried out the Dancing with the Stars workout, starring some of the professional dancers from the show. Now, please know that I don't watch the show, so I don't know who these ladies are, but these are my 2 thoughts after the workout:
#1: my husband is NEVER going to be in the house when I do this workout. Not because I'm so bad at it (which I am), but because the outfits and the dancing were . . .well. . .can I use the word "adult"? Yowza!
#2: they assume that we are good dancers to begin with. And, I like to fancy myself a dancer, but not with the foxtrot, Fosse step, and tap dancing. I was a trainwreck.
But I did work up a good sweat, so in lieu of that, I am giving my Friday Shout Out to workout videos from the library!!
No comments:
Post a Comment