Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Foods Continue!

Lest you think I have forgotten about my "new food" resolution this year, I have not.  I have just forgotten to take very many pictures or post what I have made.  This past week the new food was. . .



The Opo Squash!
Isn't it crazy that there is a squash out there that I've never heard of?
You're on the edge of your seat; I can tell.

The little sign on the Opo Squash said you can use it any way you use a summer squash or zucchini.  So that's exactly what I did.


I diced it up (no peeling necessary)


And threw it in with my vegetable soup.  It tasted just like zucchini.  I kept some out to steam on its own so I could see what it tasted like, but it got left out.    

So, it's on to more food adventures.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking a new grain is on the horizon--maybe cous cous or quinoa?  

No comments: