Tuesday, February 07, 2012
Some pictures for your enjoyment. Oh, and a little soup
Okay, so this has been a rarity around here. My kids are actually pretty disappointed because they like playing in the back yard. I'm disappointed, too, because we had to cancel this year's ski trip :(
Sigh.
In other news. . .
My brain is still completely fried from my class, and I'm dealing with some moral dilemmas in the class, but that's not what I want to share on here.
This is what I want to share. Aren't my kids cute? Especially when they choose their own clothing? Originally Noel came out with shorts on. But you have to appreciate their independence. And their love for each other. It's a good thing she's cute, because she has been throwing some major fits recently. Old girl is going to send me over the edge.
In "new food" news. . .
This is escarole. It's similar to lettuce, but with a little more cabbage-y flavor. I found a recipe on Pinterest (of course) called Chicken Escarole soup. It was super easy: canned tomatoes, broth, noodles, chicken, and escarole.
Success!! This was by far the best "new food" try we have had.
This kid loved it.
Noel even ate it.
We are on a new food roll!!!!!
Oh, wait. No we're not. Enter the prickly pear.
I thought they looked kind of fun, and the label said they had a berry flavor.
I had to wear a glove to hold them. They do live up to their name. But as for the berry flavor. . .bleh. The prickly pear was a total let down. I think I either didn't do it right, or this fruit is just not for me. But that's part of this experiment. Now, if I ever see a prickly pear on chopped, I'll know what they are messing with.
A bunch of yuck.
Sorry.
Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment