Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Odd Things

I'm odd. I do some strange things. But I think we all do.

So, in order to make you feel better about your oddities, I'll share some of mine

1. I brush my teeth in the shower.

2. I have to pick up the house in a certain order. Even if company is coming in 10 minutes, I have to start at the back of the house (our bathroom) and work my way to the kitchen (always the messiest room).

3. I love Spider Solitaire on the computer.

4. The first thing I read in the newspaper is the obituaries. Last thing I read is the comics.

5. I have an old-lady bicycle with the big butt seat and high handlebars. It's called 'MoonDog'.

6. I don't own an I-Pod, and I still have a record player in our bedroom.

7. I still get excited about getting the mail every afternoon, in hopes of some sort of letter or card from someone, even though it's nowhere close to a holiday or my birthday.

8. Anything on tv that is about a great teacher makes me cry.

9. Speaking of tv, I still come up with different ideas for songs I would use to try out for American Idol. And yes, I'm well over the age limit.

10. I still don't understand the game of soccer or the game of chess.

Anyone else out there have some odd traits?

7 comments:

knyche said...

I wish I still had the record player my parents had when I was a kid. It's why I love Kenny Rogers so much... that's what I remember them playing on it. (Nish)

knyche said...

Also, here is one of mine... I prefer drinking soda from styrofoam and I will almost never drink soda from a glass. Also, I'm picky about my pens. I need a pen with a cap, not one that clicks open. (Nish)

Ginger said...

I spend an embarrassing amount of time not only trying to find a good song to audition for on AI (even though I'm ancient compared to their age limit), but also on deciding what my facebook status will be. Most times, I chicken out!

Love the blog!
Ginger

John Mark said...

While sitting (usually watching tv), I find myself writing things forwards and backwards with my toe.

Beth said...

Oh, Nish, I'm so with you on the soda! Somehow it just seems tainted in a glass. But I'm okay with plastic as well as styrofoam. John Mark, I'm intrigued. . .

John Mark said...

Beth, do you still loathe the words "davenport" and "moist"?

Beth said...

I've made peace with 'davenport' because it makes me think of my sweet grandma, but 'moist' is still awful, awful, awful.