How many times does God have to remind me that He is in control and I am not?
I guess until I get the picture.
I like to be in control. Really like it. I guess that's part of being a teacher and a mother, but I like to make the plans and organize things. I like it when the plans get followed. I like it when my kids act like they should, when my car runs, when everyone is healthy, and people do what they say they are going to do.
But God is in control not me.
This weekend hundreds, if not thousands of people lost their homes to flooding. Do you think they planned that? Do you think my mom woke up this morning and thought, "I think I'll have my appendix out today"? What about the student I tutor whose dad cuts himself when he's stressed--was that in her plan of growing up? Of course not.
But God is in control not me. He has a plan much bigger than anything we can ask or imagine.
Today I am reminded of Psalm 46--Be still and know that I am God. God didn't put me on this earth to run and control everything. He put me on this earth to bring Him praise and to show others His love HOWEVER HE SEES FIT.
God, may I never hold so tightly to my plans, my control, that I miss out on the opportunities you have in front of me to show Your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment