Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Courage

As I continue to study through the book of Daniel, I am overwhelmed by these young men's courage. I'm guessing that when Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had to stand up to Kind Neb over and over again they were about half my age. Would I have that courage? Do I have any courage in the God that I claim to put my faith in?

Where's the proof?

I'd like to say that we live by faith on a day-to-day basis, but to be honest, with our cushy, comfortable lives, we want for nothing, and we get by pretty well (for the most part) on our own. It's sad to say, but most days go by without my even considering faith. I will spend time with God, pray, study, even serve in His name, but am I taking any steps in faith, not knowing where they will lead? Not always.

My study of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego led me to this website: http://persecution.com which I've also added to the links on the right. If I don't have to live in fear of my life because of my beliefs, surely I can spend some time on a regular basis praying for those who do. I encourage anyone who reads this to pray for believers all over the world who are abused, arrested, cast out, and even killed because they've chosen to step out in faith.

I also need to make some deliberate steps in faith that I know are all around me. Going out and making friends with my neighbors, telling people I know about God's love, showing those I don't know His grace and mercy. There are opportunities out there to grow in my faith. May I take a hold of those and let God lead.

No comments: